Are you interested in a job as a assistant, but without prior experience? No worries! You don’t have to be an expert virtual assistant to start this career. Many people begin from basic level and build moneymaking careers.
A virtual assistant commonly referred to as “VA” is a business entrepreneur who provides online business support utilities to valuable clients in various industries across the globe from their remote location on virtual basis i.e virtually. The virtual assistant provides business services from anywhere in the world, including home.
The services provided by virtual assistants include administrative tasks, social networking, and teaching services.
The VA can efficiently handle multitasking tasks. The VA can manage the social media accounts and back-office of a traveling coach while they are based in Australia or India. These are just instances.
Virtual assistants will need to create a LinkedIn profile.
Twitter is a networking community that links professionals and students in a particular field.
LinkedIn is filled with experts from each industry. To stay informed, you can contact the professionals experts.
Learn and observe other people to help you learn.
The VA offers remote services in four main divisions.
General Administrative services
- Here are some admin services that you can offer your client as a virtual assistant:
- Cold canvassing, calling, booking sales appointments, and seeking a donation from their prospects/clients. The market analysis is necessary to target the audience.
- Regular follow up with valuable clients/customers through online or offline correspondence mode.
- E-Calendar Management makes it easy to keep track of events and add appointments to an electronic calendar.
- File folder Management (manage, organize and manage their files with Google Dri veetc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for online courses, webinars and conferences, or other meetings.
- Monitoring and recruiting remote freelance workers like a web designer, video editor or videographer.
- Personal jobs include booking events and restaurants, buying surprise gifts, booking tables at dinner, paying bills, shifting houses, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
digital marketing is a method of marketing products or services via digital technology. The digital technology mode is promoted in internet which includes mobile phones, and other digital sources.
Digital marketing techniques such as Search Engine Marketing (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Internet Marketing (Paid Search), Product Marketing (Paid Search), Social Media Promotion (SSM), paid search, marketing collaterals, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing) are becoming more popular all over the world. VA services are necessary for these many options.
Within each digital marketing strategy, there lies lots of scope for improvement, so measuring each strategy is very important.
According to Digital marketing, Metrics matters everything and analytics are king.
Here are some examples.
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) – Social Media Marketing is the usage of social media forums such as facebook, twitter, Instagram and websites or blogs to market a product or service. Online marketers promote products and increase brand awareness to consumers worldwide.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization Search Engine Optimization is a practice used by SEO or ecommerce businesses to increase visitors, traffic, and populate websites. The optimization techniques are used both through online and offline mode.
- Social Media Optimization: The social media optimization process is used to improve brand recognition, awareness, and popularity of the product on various social media platforms.
- Facebook Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a facebook page and keeping a constant follow-up. To gain popularity, marketers create ads.
- Tweet Marketing – Online marketers build brand awareness by creating a Twitter account and keeping a constant follow up. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- Instagram Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up an Instagram account and following up with them on a regular basis. In order to gain attention and increase followers, marketers create advertisements.
- YouTube Marketing allows users to upload videos and generate virality among the millions of viewers. To create a YouTube channel, the user must post videos that relate to cooking, fashions, child psychology or hair dressing.
- Pinterest Marketing Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest to promote products and businesses. Pinterest is used by the webmaster to increase traffic to his website and draw attention from the public.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is the process of sending commercial content or message targeting the valuable clients or set of people through email mode. Email marketing is used to market the product or to pitch sales to the target audience. It also sends marketing collaterals.
- Branding – Branding actions are implemented by organization to make them different from peer and other emerging competitors. The purpose of branding is to improve your position in the market. The marketers create brand loyalty by branding.
- Paid Advertising – Online marketers make use to publish paid advertisements on websites and in other search engines, to drive traffic.
- Content marketing – Marketing material is carried through online websites and social media.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples for Creative Jobs that are in High Demand:
- Graphic design
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Create Infographics
- Logo design
- Designing brand materials to launch new products or services.
- Video editing
Online Learning Services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode allows you to offer teaching services
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring of English or another language for students, professionals and homemakers.
2. Instructional services via “How to” video tutorials
Only a few real examples
- How to create a profitable online course
- How to create graphics with Picmonkey/Canva/Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive/ Drop Box/ One Drive to store unlimited information
- How to make instructional YouTube videos
- How to bake pancakes, ice-cream cakes, sugar-free muffins, whole wheat bread/cookies, etc.
- How to do party hair or makeup in 15 minutes
- How to create fillable PDF workbooks or worksheets
- How to take professional photos for Instagram/Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/Ebay branded affiliate seller
- How to automate Pinterest market
- How to draw faces or images for comics books
- You can find a lot of resources online to help you get familiar with work from home opportunities and learn more about your interests.
Which soft-skills are most compatible with remote work?
These are the skills that you will need to be a long-term employee or worker for profitable remote clients.
- Be Professional You must be more professional with all of your interactions and communications with clients.
- Never hesitate to take Initiative – Since you are a virtual business owner, the clients expect you to analyse and understand the tasks fastly and take initiate to ask for any doubts promptly, without expecting and halting for them to instruct you.
- Problem solving skills – A person should be able predict a problem before it escalates into a major emergency and can then provide the client with a feasible solution.
- Efficient – By gaining experience, you will see an increase in your work efficiency. Your efforts to grow the company will also be more effective.
- Persistence There may be a tight deadline, a challenging situation or an assignment that requires you to dedicate extra time, effort, and energy to complete the task. You’ll be trustworthy and reliable because of your perseverance and ability not to give up, despite the odds.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. Making the clients to ask or send reminders to you about the work updates is NOT being professional.
- Task Organization Skills – You will be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and valuable client projects with your ability to plan ahead, follow schedules and keep your focus.
Which tools does the VA really need?
These are the essential tools that you will need to master before you can take on client work.
- Google Docs – to create, edit and share documents
- Dropbox is a file sharing tool
- WordPress is a tool for managing and creating websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp. GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies tie contracts with virtual assistants. These companies are also called agencies. They act as intermediaries to find a job in the virtual assistant sector.
You can find the job opportunities for virtual assistants on websites like Indeed, Upwork, Time.
Make sure your queries or searches are relevant to the field. Next, fill in the where and how sections.
Virtual assistant maintains job profile with multitasking since the job profile covers various skills.
The virtual assistants are responsible to provide administrative, technical, customer care for law, finance, start-up business among other employers. You can open a virtual business and work remotely with clients from all over the globe.
You must upgrade yourself according your job profile.
The most highly-paid virtual assistants must dedicate their full-time to client support and web-designing.